ART & CULTURE DEPARTMENT(SECRETARIAT)
GOVERNMENT OF MIZORAM
RTI ACT Section 4(1)(b)
The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties;
The Name of the Department is Art & Culture Department (Secretariat) Services Department, Government of Mizoram, MINECO, Khatla, Aizawl, Mizoram Pin 796001. .
The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties
The Government of India's scheme of Promotion of art and culture was extended to the Union Territory of Mizoram when it attained the U.T. status in 1972. The scheme has been continued since then and the Directorate of Art & Culture was carved out from the Education and Human Resources Department in February, 1989. The various isolated programmes relating to promotion of art and culture in Mizoram were then brought together under one umbrella. Thus the Department of Art & Culture headed by the Secretary in the Govt. and the Director in the Directorate began to function since February 1989 and makes its own Five Year Plans commencing from the 8the Five Year Plan onwards.
During the last 22 years of its existence as a Department, the Art & Culture Department has created permanent assets and has established well. In spite of its meager budget allocations and inadequate administrative infrastructures it has achieved commendable progress. The programmes initiated by the Department since its inception are very well responded by the public, especially, the youth community. This raised The Department to a high level of importance and recognition. What does the Art & Culture Department do to justify its existence? Before going into details, a summary of the Multi-pronged function and activities of the Department may be presented as follow:
i) Established an Institute of Music & Fine Arts - Imparts 3 - months Certificate Course in Elementary Music and Traditional Dance. Takes up Theatre (Drama) activities.
ii) Impart trainings in Traditional Dances to Schools and NGO's inside and outside the State.
iii) Organizes Cultural Meets/Festival at various places in the rural areas every year. Conducts Chief Minister's Running Trophy in Cultural Dance Competition for YMA in alternate years.
iv) Cultural /entertainment programmes in honour of visiting dignitaries, official functions etc. arranged.
v) Cultural troupes to other States in India and elsewhere are arranged and participates at National and International Cultural events.
Letters and Literary Activities: Organizes Seminars on culture and history, language, vanishing art form etc. Writers are assisted through Publication Board to get their works published.
Visual Arts - Organizes/sponsors Art Camp, Art Exhibition and Workshops in and outside Mizoram.
Archaeological surveys and mappings - Historical remains, monoliths and landmarks are being investigated, verified and preservation taken up. Documentation are also taken up.
Material culture & anthropology of the people are preserved and exhibited in the Museum.
The history and available records about the land and its people are preserved in the Archives.
Heritage Conservation - Identification of heritage sites/buildings are being taken up. Tangible and intangible heritages are being preserved.
Public Libraries - In order to impart and disseminate knowledge, value ofreading and to provide reading materials public libraries are maintained at State and District Levels. NGO Libraries are assisted through RRRLF.
To study and record the Socio-Culture, Socio- Economic and history of the tribal people in Mizoram. The Tribal Research Institute is taking up research works.
(2) the powers and duties of its officers and employees;
a) Secreary - Overall in charge
b) Joint Secretary - Overall in charge
c) Under Secretary - Establishment and related matters
d) Superintendent - Establishment
Name of Staff
Assistant = Vacant
1. Filling up of Post
2. Transfer & Posting under Art & Culture
3. Creation of Post
4. Upgradation of post
5. Redesignation of post
6. Retention of Post under Art & Culture
7. Matter relating to Archaeology
8. Matters relating to Appointment promotion/
Confirmation/ Pension Case/ Extension of Service
10.R/Rs under Art & Culture
11.Matters relating to Inter-se-seniority
12.The Mizoram Ancient Monuments & Archaeological
sites & Remain Rules.
13.Correspondence with INTACH Mizoram Chapter.
15.PAR/ACR of Officers under Art & Culture
16.Matter relating to heritage conservation
17.Recognition of Association
18.Deputation under Art & Culture
19. Annual Plan/BE & RE/Five Year Plan
20. Matter relating to NEC
21. Project/Scheme under Art & Culture
22. Monthly/Quarterly/Half Yearly Progress Report
23. Matter relating to Finance Commission
24. Reconciliation of Accounts
25. LOC/Cash & Accounts
26. Financial assistance to NGO’s etc.
27.Casual/Contract Employees under Art & Culture
29. Purchase/Maintenance of vehicle under Art & Culture
30. Appointment on Compassionate Ground under Art
31. All matters relating to Cash & Accounts.
32. Mizoram Publication Boards
33. Purchase of furniture/Equiptment/ stationery under
Art & Culture.
34. Administration of District Offices
35. All matter relating to Cultural Centre
36. Promotion of Tribal language and culture
37.Southern/Central zone cultural centre matter
38.Complaints under Art & Culture
39. Right to Information Act.
40. Transaction/Allocation of Business Rules
41. Conference/Meeting under Art & Culture
42. Tour programme/Notes of Officers under Art &
44. Governor/Chief Minister/Finance Minister speech on
45. Matter relating to Parliament/Legislative Assembly
46. General Correspondence with NEZCC/ICCR/NCZCC/
48. Matter relating to IMFA
49. Matter relating to TRI
50. Matter relating to Archaeology
51. OM/Circular/Notification issued by various Deptt.
52. Arrangement of VIP
53. Sangeet/Sahita/Sanskrit/Lalit Kala Academy
54. Matter relating to Trg. Under Art & Culture
55. Matter relating to RFD Co-ordination
56. Quarterly Report on man power strength under A & C
57. Matter relating to Tribal heroes of Modern India
58. Matter relating to Library
59. Consultative Committee under Art & Culture.
60. Achieement of Art & Culture
61. Matter relating to e-Governance
62. Transfer of Charge report
63. Trg/Workshop/Seminar under Art & Culture
64. Advance/Withdraw of GPF under Art & Culture
65. Loan & Advance under Art & Culture
66. Prime Minister’s Award for excellence in public Admn.
67. Mizoram Publication Boards
68. Installation/Connection of Telephone under Art &
69. Cultural Programme in and outsite Mizoram.
70. Property Return under Art & Culture
71. Office accommodation
72. Matter relating to Constitution of various Boards/
73. Management of Museum/Vanapa Hall etc.
74. Application received from voluntary orgn./Individual
75. P/F of Officers under Art & Culture
Received & Issue
Art & Culture Department(Secretariat) is having only one UDC and have no Assistant.
(3) The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability;
All decisions are made in files, All Guidelines, Office Memorundum, Instructions issued by the Government are followed by all Officials under Art & Culture Department (Secretariat). Training of staffs are done many times at office and at ATI, Aizawl. All Questions asked under RTI Acts and Assembly questions are attended promptly.
(4) The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions;
Efforts are made to deal with the cases as expeditiously as possible in accordance with the rules, regulations and other instructions issued from time time time.
(5) The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by iat or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions;
Art & Culture Department(Secretariat) discharges its functions in accordance with the rules, regulations, instructions, manuals etc. issued by the Govt. of India and Government of Mizoram from time to time.
(6) A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control;
The documents held by Art & Culture Department(Secretariat) include relevant files on subjects dealt with it the Department and service documents of its officials.
(7) the particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof;
Art & Culture Department(Secretariat) acts as an information tool for the general public, which facilities in the implementation of its policies and programmes.
(8) a statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetins of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public;
There are no such Boards, Councils, Committees are formed within Art & Culture Department (Secretariat).
(9) A directory of its officers and employees;
LIST OF OFFICER STAFF UNDER ART & CULTURE DEPARTMENT (SECRETARIAT)
( Attached from Directorate of Art & Culture Deptt.)
(10) The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations;
(11) the budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made;
`1291.93 lakhs during 2021-2022
(12) the manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes;
Not applicable for the Department.
(13) particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations granted by it;
Not applicable for the Department.
(14) details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form;
As in the Department website https//:mizoculture.mizoram.gov.in
(15) the particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use;
The citizens can obtain information from the Office through correspondence, accessing its web site through e-mail.
(16) the names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers;
(17) such other information as may be prescribed;