Border Area Programme - Folk Dance Festival was succesfully organised by NEZCC, Dimapur, Ministry of Culture, Govt., of India in collaboration with Art & Culture Department, Mizoram during 7th & 8th February, 2018 at Tlabung & Zodin Tlabung, Lunglei District, border village near Bangladesh. Framed to be held on International Borderlines, Border Area Programme aspires to integrate the diffenrent tribes and races and work towards a common goal through exposure of different cultures.
Participants in the Border Area Programme were :
1. Art & Culture, Mizoram (Official) (5 members)
2. Assam(15 members)
3. Meghalaya(15 members)
4. Jharkhand(15 members)
5. Maharastra(15 members)
6. Madhya Pradesh(15 members)
7. Tlabung Cultural Club, Tlabung(15 members)
8. Chawngbawla Cultural Club, Tlabung (15 members)
9. Taitesena Cultural Club, Tlabung (15 members)
10. Vanapa Cultural Club, Tlabung(15 members)
11. YMA, Zodin Branch(15 members)
12. YMA, Chawnpui Branch(15 members)
13. Zampuimanga Cultural Club(15 members)
14. Saiza_ Cultural Club(15 members)
The Inaugural of Border Area Programme was held at Thangliana Mual on 7th February, 2018 (Wed) at 11:00 A.M Shri K. Beihmotaosa, MPS, SDPO - Tlabung, the chief guest graced the function and spoke of the need to acknowledge one another and cooperate as citizens of the country to create string and peaceful nation to live in.
Day 2 was also huge success, the day began with the opening programme at 11:00 A.M wherein Shri Malsawma, President, YMA Zodin Branch, Tlabung welcomed one and all, followed by a speech from the Chief Guest Shri R. Lalnghakliana, MCS, SDO(C) - Tlabung after which performance presented by all the different troupes did truly help make the programme a success in bringing together the people of different cultures and lifestyles.